Friday, August 16, 2013

First Grade Fun

She's done it.  Two days down, many more school days to go...but she's having so much fun in first grade already!

She bounded from her bed when I awoke her yesterday, for her first day.  To say that she was STOKED would be an understatement.  And after going strong all day long, there was not an ounce of a tired bone in her body.  Some of the other teachers who barely knew her said that they could already tell a difference in our "Camdyn 3.0."

My Big First-Grader!

The only time my heart stopped beating was when I realized, on the drive HOME from dropping her off, that we had completely failed to discuss the recess situation.  You know, the one where the first graders are on the playground with all the second- and third-graders?  The ones who are bigger, busier, rowdier...?  My dear husband assured me that she would be fine (and it helped that he talked to one of the yard duty aids who was out there - it pays to have friends in ALL places, people!).

My hope and prayer is that this excitement for learning and being at school continues through the school year.  I know there will be battles over homework, discussions over classroom behavior, and such, but as long as she remains excited (most days), I'll be a happy mama.

Room 20

And with the start of a new school year, comes the emergency contact information forms.  The ones where you fill out every possible detail you can in the hopes that it won't need to be used.  For the first time EVER, I've gotten to write that she's had three open-heart surgeries completed.  THREE.  Completed.  WOW, how quickly it changes.

BOY does it feel good to write this...and surreal.

I hope all of you are ready for your littles to begin school again (if they haven't already), and that the school year is filled with blessings, learning, and fun.  Lots and lots of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment