Friday, August 23, 2013

Insta-Love

I have always enjoyed taking photographs.  For as long as I can remember, I've had the tendency to look at life through a camera lens. I have always been more of a "details person" (in many ways) than a "big picture" person.  Those moments, details, and tidbits that make up our life bring me such joy.  Many times, they are fleeting as we scurry around to get my little love out the door with her daddy and off to school, and other times, they are moments when we can pause and take a million a few snapshots to help us remember it (seriously..."Hi, my name is Tiffany, and I'm hard on my hard drive").

Enter:  INSTAGRAM.

Now, I do have a Canon DSLR that I ADORE (it snaps fast if the settings are right for the ever-changing moments of my littles), but sometimes, I just don't want to lug that thing out...and then make sure that my littlest love is incapable of getting to it.

But, boy, do I love Instagram.  I love the editing capabilities (it's so easy and there's lots of filters), they are constantly upgrading, and I can instantly share my photos with family and friends.  With a caption.  And then maybe a hashtag or twelve two. #ireallyonlyusethemjustforfun.  (No, this post was not written as a paid advertisement for IG, though it sure does sound like it!).  I also like using IG in combination with other apps like PicFrame, A Beautiful Mess, and Rhonna Designs (my newest favorite).

Documenting the fun days (our first time skiing!!)
and the not-so-fun days (a kindergartener's lesson learned the hard way)

While we were at the hospital for our #bigredheartday and #camdynsfontan2013, it was a quick and easy way to keep track of the day's highlights (and lowlights?  Now I sound like a hair stylist)...ups and downs...peaks and valleys.  It was a small glimpse into our world of being heart parents, being stuck at the hospital, praying fervently for our girl to come through with flying colors, missing our little man painfully.  And then to instantly share that with anyone who was following our journey.

Recovery days in the hospital after Camdyn's Fontan

Granted, I did blog about it almost every day, but there were more IG moments than what I put up on the blog.  Looking back at some of those now, even from some when I first started using IG, I realize how quickly things change...especially with having two littles that are constantly changing and growing too fast.  #staylittle please, my #koppercuties.

Why do they grow up so fast?  Trying to capture their childhood with the camera.

That's part of why I love it so much.  We can capture the everyday, the all-too-brief, the moments that we can look back on with fond memories...and not-so-fond memories (the ones where we are grateful that we are not still stuck in that moment - I'm thankful for those, too...as reminders).

Most of the time, they play together so nicely!  Good proof for when they're teenagers, I think.

It's also a place to share encouragement and inspiration (and humor)...and follow others who do the same.

Just a little #freshchalk

On my current project list (which is virtual, because if I wrote it down it might be a little overwhelming), is getting some of these pictures printed for us to enjoy and remember.  I would LOVE to hang some up in each room of the house (okay, maybe each bedroom and then one for the main living area).  I've seen so many different posts about people getting these pictures printed, plus too many a million ideas for how to display them.  (Enter:  PINTEREST).

Of course, I want to keep it budget-friendly but make sure the quality is also decent.  And I want to easily change the display on a moment's whim.  Do you use Instagram?  If so, do you ever print your Instagram photos (and where?)?  OR, what do you do with them?  I'm all ears and would love to know...please drop me a comment below!

Also, if you'd like a peak into our day-to-day, you can follow me on Instagram here!

2 comments:

  1. Tiffany, I was getting caught up on reading your blog (which I love!) and just read this post...
    Persnickity prints! I have a stack of lovely insta photos ready to display and add to my albums... And I am planning on enlarging a few too. They are printed on a heavy card stock, not photo paper which add to their charm ;).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tip, Whitney! I'll have to check it out!

      Delete