Saturday, June 8, 2013

Dear Camdyn


2013
You aren't bearing this big burden alone, sweetheart.  I so wish I could take all of it from you.  Watching you be scared is hard, but its nothing compared to what you are facing.

2013
I wish you could just enjoy being a regular, healthy kid.  It breaks my heart to see you struggle...but be brave, my baby, be brave.  You have more courage at five years old than many grown-ups ever will in their lives.  You can do this again...but, I'm sorry you have to.  

2011
You don't remember, of course, but you've done this twice before, with flying colors.  You recovered in half the time and got so angry at one point that even Dr. Petrossian said your blood pressure was "impressive for a single ventricle."  Let's not do THAT again, but hang in there, sweetheart.  Soon, we'll be on the other side of this.

2010
I want to stay awake around the clock to make time stop, just to spend it with you.  But I also long to fast forward through all these rough and challenging bits...and bring you home and finally stop talking about your surgery.  I know it bothers you for us to talk about it, little love, but once we're beyond it, we'll be able to share your victory with those who love you...those who care. 

2010
I'm so proud of you, Honey.  I am one blessed mommy...you unknowingly bless all those around you.  You are such a gift.  God is doing something really wonderful with your life through all of this.

2007
Remember to trust in Him with all your heart...we'll do the same, love.  And we'll be right here, waiting for you to wake up.

2010
We love you like crazy, sweet girl.  XOXO

Mommy

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful...you have a gift with words..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in tears :"(
    I have and will continue to pray for all of you. I unfortunatly haven't had the opportunity to meet Camdyn but I've watched her grow throughout the years on Facebook. You and Phillip are extraordinary parents.... You definitely see God's love in your family. She's a strong little cookie... lol which shows she'll get through all this with flying colors.
    I love you all and look forward to your other post. ♡♡♡♡

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this site, you did a great job.
    "Be strong and courageous, do not be afraid or tremble (little one)... for the LORD your God is the one who goes with you. He will not fail you or forsake you.” Deut. 31:6. May He bless you with all of His best & through anyone who comes in contact with you. You are all in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete