Monday, June 10, 2013

Love, Daddy

To my little hero,

"I love the Lord, because He hears My voice and my supplications. Because He has inclined His ear to me, Therefore I shall call upon Him as long as I live. The cords of death encompassed me And the terrors of Sheol came upon me; I found distress and sorrow. Then I called upon the name of the Lord : "O Lord, I beseech You, save my life!" Gracious is the Lord, and righteous; Yes, our God is compassionate. The Lord preserves the simple; I was brought low, and He saved me. Return to your rest, O my soul, For the Lord has dealt bountifully with you. For You have rescued my soul from death, My eyes from tears, My feet from stumbling. I shall walk before the Lord In the land of the living." (Psalms 116:1-9 NASB)

Where does your strength come from, my little hero?  At 5 years old, 32 pounds, and all of 4 feet tall, you are the strongest of all, my little hero.  Ah, but I know your secret.  I know who molded and shaped you.  I know who put the fire in your soul and light in your eyes, little hero.  He is the same who blessed me, a simple man, with you.  Be strong and hold fast to Him, my little hero. As you lay next to me strong, brave, courageous, and sleeping blissfully, I lay next to you praying over you...trembling at the work of His hands, knowing that you, little hero, are fearfully and wonderfully made, but fearful of the unknown.  The Lord bless you my daughter, my love, my little hero...

Daddy

1 comment:

  1. I'm speechless... Words can't describe the emotion I feel right now. :"( You're in all of our prayers. Every single one of you. ♡♡♡♡

    ReplyDelete