Wednesday, June 19, 2013

The Face of Determination

She's the poster child for determination. Spunk. Bravery. Perseverance. Honesty. Sincerity of heart.  She was all of those things today, wrapped up in hospital clothes and floppy socks, with pigtails on top.  Not one single thing could make this child of mine any better.  Not one.  God blessed us with each of our children more than we could ever deserve.

13 laps around the PICU today!
Our kiddos challenge us, humor us, teach us, stretch us, and show us that the depth of love we thought we felt before we had them was tiny compared to the love they've shown us we truly have.  Love that makes your heart explode with their joys, fears, pains, and victories.

Max.  He's proven that some things are just innate...in their blood...part of who they are.  We couldn't make this up if we tried.  He adores his big sister, looks up to her, gets silly around her, says her name excitedly.  He's easy to read, just like she is.  And he certainly knows how to have fun.

Gremlin face for Camdyn!
These faces?  Such siblings.  Same expression, same day, different babes, different locations.  I can't wait for these two "little gremlins" to be together again. Soon, little loves, soon.

1 comment:

  1. It has been a privilege to be one of their grandmothers. I have watched them and lived with them during a very difficult year in my life. I thank you and Phillip for that, Tiffany. The love in my heart for these two precious babes is something that only other grandparents know.

    Camdyn is certainly a wonder. I have told you that she reminds me of so many of the qualities that her Uncle Nicholas had. Talk about innate. They are strong willed, deeply intuitive, observant and much more mature than their years. They are easily our kindred spirits, our soul mates...

    Watching Max, a true little bug of a Kopper male, has been such fun. From the early days after his birth I was so thankful to be living in his little boy bedroom. I can still remember the noise he would make from your bedroom when he heard me get up before everyone else to make the coffee and return to my (his) room. He was ready to get up and his mom and dad were not ready at all. So, I minded my manners and tried to get him to be a bit more quiet and let you sleep longer....right.....

    I long for the day when the four of you can go home and be a full time family once again. It was wonderful to see that you had a chance to be alone with Max yesterday. I'm sure your cup runneth over.

    And now back to sweetpea. She is a fighter, that one. Love her to bits, always and forever......We are continuing to pray for healing and for rest.

    xxx

    Mom

    ReplyDelete